The Mystery of Providence

 


“How comes it to pass that so many signal mercies and deliverances have befallen the people of God, above the power and against the course of natural causes, to make way for which there has been an obvious suspension put to the course of nature?” John Flavel

Yesterday my dearest and the delights of my eyes were on the highway and Elizabeth’s window suddenly shattered into her lap and across to Simon’s seat. Everyone began crying at once (according to Jackie’s account of the story which she told multiple times) The Lord preserved them and allowed Oli to safely pull over. There was not a scratch on Elizabeth! Or anyone else. Praise God! 

What a mercy. 

I don’t understand how or why. But I know WHO. 

Thank you, LORD. 


I will cry unto God most high; unto God who performeth all things for me 
Psalm 57:2


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

His Glory, our good

Surprised by grief

3 John 1:5