You have not quenched the smoldering wick, nor broken the bruised reed, nor despised the day of small things; but having had the help of God, I continue up to this time.
“Pick me one of those peaches.” But it was early summer, and “the time of peaches was not yet.” They asked why he would want the green, unripe fruit. Venn replied, “Well, my dears, it is green now, and we must wait; but a little more sun, and a few more showers, and the peach will be ripe and sweet. So it is with Mr. Simeon.” ( 27 Servants of Sovereign Joy , 321)
“ Let's go to the throne of the God of joy today & ask that He fills us up. And when we run on empty, let's go to the cross- the foremost sign that our triune God wanted to share in His joy with us through Jesus' ultimate sacrifice. & When that runs out (we pray it doesn't), let's run to the empty tomb & witness that our joy is completed only in the Ressurection & vindication of out Lord Jesus.” My Oli's words (through text) as he tries to encourage me towards dependence on God and faithfulness during a difficult season of life for me. How sweet to have a companion on this pilgrimage to the Celestial City who loves me so. Who seeks not to solve my problems or shower me with things just to make "feel better", but to encourage me towards faithfulness. To point me to our risen, victorious Intercessor Christ Jesus. The throne is accessible to me. What a merciful privilege! A great High Priest whose joy it is to plead on my behalf. The c...
Our sweet Elizabeth is seven years old! What a mercy. I am reminded of when Oli and I (unmarried) found out that our sin had caught up to us and would no longer be hidden, but made plain for all to see by my growing belly. We sat in the parking lot. I was supposed to be on my way to Grad school. I was going to move back to Tallahassee. What was I to do? I had made an appointment with the "Women's health center", to kill our baby so that the plans I had for myself could continue, uninterrupted. Oli begged me no to do so. I listened. Not because of him, but because I knew that with my history of emotional turmoil, and suicide attempts ( having been Baker Acted just two years prior), that going through with an abortion would be my undoing. For His glory, and my good, God convinced me not to take our baby's life. I cancelled the appointment. God used my history of depression to convince me to keep our first child. Amen. I still remember the day we brought her ...
Comments
Post a Comment