The throne, the cross, & the empty tomb




Let's go to the throne of the God of joy today & ask that He fills us up. 

And when we run on empty, let's go to the cross- the foremost sign that our triune God wanted to share in His joy with us through Jesus' ultimate sacrifice.

& When that runs out (we pray it doesn't), let's run to the empty tomb & witness that our joy is completed only in the Ressurection & vindication of out Lord Jesus.”

My Oli's words (through text) as he tries to encourage me towards dependence on God and faithfulness during a difficult season of life for me. 

How sweet to have a companion on this pilgrimage to the Celestial City who loves me so. Who seeks not to solve my problems or shower me with things just to make "feel better", but to encourage me towards faithfulness. To point me to our risen, victorious Intercessor Christ Jesus. 

The throne is accessible to me. What a merciful privilege! A great High Priest whose joy it is to plead on my behalf. 

The cross of Christ. A reminder of the price He paid for my sins. The very sins I continue to struggle with today, He died for, that I might die to sin. It has no power over me, Hallelujah!

A stone, rolled away; revealing the empty tomb of my risen King! Who will one day return for me, that I too may share in His resurrection. Maranatha, LORD. Come quickly. 

Thank you, Father. I did nothing to deserve such a wonderful blessing of a man. 

May I always regard him as so, especially when he isn't agreeable. 


*pictured: three candles I lit today during the thunderstorm. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

His Glory, our good

Surprised by grief

3 John 1:5