Luke 12:7



For all these smallnesses, I thank you, Lord:

small children, and small needs;

small meals to cook, small talk to heed,

and a small book from which to read

small stories; small hurts to heal,

small disappointments, too,

as real as ours;

small glories to discover in bugs, pebbles, flowers.


When day is through; my mind is small,

my strength is gone;

and as I gather each dear one

I pray, “Bless each for Jesus’ sake –

such angels sleeping, imps awake!”


What wears me out are little things:

angels minus shining wings.

Forgive me, Lord, if I have whined:

. . . it takes so much to keep them shined;

yet each small rub has its reward,

for they have blessed me.

Thank You, Lord.



excerpt from Ruth Bell Graham's, "Sitting by my laughing fire."





Forgive me Lord. For my grumbling.

Keep eternity ever before me as I labour to glorify you in these smallnesses.  

Convince my heart that these words are true.


*pictured: a snail (gifted to us by a family from church) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

His Glory, our good

Surprised by grief

3 John 1:5